Welcome to Big Data
Last updated: April 13. 12:30PM (central)
Zoom link is on Canvas.
- Lecture 5 and Rmd
- For those of you struggling with homeworks, there is a lot of valuable code in the old Lecture Rmd files
- Semiconductors: Data, code in lecture Rmd
- Comscore: Code in lecture Rmd, Data: domains, sites, total spend
- Lecture 1: Admin, Syllabus, Stats 101, FDR Control
- HW1a – Prediction Competition.
- Lecture 2: Predictions, FDR Control, and Loss.
- Lipids example:
- Data is on canvas under lecture 2. “jointGwasMc_LDL.txt”
- Diabetes Example:
- Simulations in lecture: Code
- Homework 1: FDR control
- Textbook references:
- False discovery rate: Ch. 18.7 of ESL
- Loss: Ch. 2.4, Ch. 7.2, and Ch. 10.6 of ESL
- “Elements of Statistical Learning” (ESL) by Hastie, Tibshirani, and Friedman – online and here
- “Statistical Consequences of Fat Tails” by NN Taleb – online and here
- “Causal Inference: The Mixtape” by Scott Cunningham – online
- HW0: An ungraded assignment for making sure everyone is up to speed. Entirely optional.
Questions? Email me (email@example.com) and I’ll help you out.